Before you fill out an application to become a member of Stevensville Fire, there are a few items to consider.
When you become a volunteer firefighter, you are making a strong commitment to your fellow firefighters, to our department, and to the citizens of our fire district. To help you better assess whether you are ready to make that commitment, you should ask yourself the following:
- Am I willing to commit to attending departmental training sessions?
(We train every Thursday evening for 3-5 hours in the District. We also host or attend Live Fire training, Extrication training, Wildland Fire training and EMS scenario training throughout the year, normally Saturdays.)
- Am I willing to respond to calls when I am available even calls that occur at difficult hours?
- Am I willing to donate my time for other areas of the department such as; fundraisers, parades, work parties, fire safety classes at area schools, or whatever other duties might be required?
- Do my spouse and family understand and support the commitment of hours I am about to make, and do they approve of my decision so I can be a successful firefighter?
- Will the department and my fellow firefighters be able to depend on me to become a valuable team member?